Monday, April 11, 2011

CHILI CHEESE BAKED POTATOES EASY!!!

Easy Dinner Idea: Chili Cheese Baked Potatoes


We used to eat a lot of baked potatoes growing up.  My Mom would "doll" them up with all sorts of toppings and we would make an entire meal out of them.  So, a few weeks ago I was trying to come up with something yummy for dinner and remembered how much I loved my Mom's "Chili Cheese Baked Potatoes" and realized I hadn't made those in years.

I don't know if I would call this a recipe (all you are really doing is assembling), but this is a very satisfying and inexpensive meal that is sure to please all of your family members.  So here you go...........


Chili Cheese Baked Potatoes
Serves 3-4
Ingredients:
4 Large Baking Potatoes
1 Can Chili (whatever kind you like) - if you have super-hungry adults use 2 cans chili
Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
Sour Cream (Regular or Light)
Sliced Green Onions
Seasoned Salt, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Cook your potatoes.  If you are in a hurry, use your microwave.  If you have plenty of time, cook them in your oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour (or until they are pierced easily with a knife).

I LOVE this chili

Meanwhile, heat your chili up on the stove.  While the chili is heating, slice your green onions.  Use all of the parts of the green onion - it all has great flavor.


Once the potatoes are ready, place them in a bowl and cut them down the center.  Scoop some chili on top, then shredded cheese, followed by sour cream, and then green onions.  Sprinkle a little seasoned salt (I like Lawry's) and ground black pepper on top.

Serve and Enjoy!!