I know it's the end of the season for my tomato plants, but there still are many beautiful green tomatoes left. I need to make use of them somehow......hhmmmmm, I GOT IT..FRIED GREEN TOMATOES.!
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup corn flour or flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- oil or bacon grease for frying
- Soak the tomato slices in the buttermilk for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Pull the tomato slices out of the buttermilk dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry the tomato slices in oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minute per side.
Try them on your BLT for an unusual twist !