Does your egg salad get runny after a couple hours in the refrigerator?
NOT with this recipe.
The secret is the saltine crackers, and you won't even know their in there!
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 6 crushed saltine crackers
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices white or wheat bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices bacon, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, saltine crackers and pepper. Stir in the eggs, green pepper, celery, onion, and parsley.
- On six slices of bread, layer lettuce, tomato, bacon and 1/2 cup egg salad. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
|Make a platter for guests on game day with some bakery dinner rolls.Its so cheap to make, beautiful and good for you!|
Here's a cute garnish idea.
|Try serving chicken, egg or tuna salad in an ice cream cone instead of between bread.|