Saturday, April 26, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
I picked up my new grandson's car seat from a buy sell ad .It was in great shape, and a great price, however black and gray was just too dull and drab for our new prince.So I set out to the fabric store to see what I could find. I knew I wanted leopard, so I started with that fabric, and the just went round and round to find some other patterns to match. Here is what I ended up with...
Now on to taking the one off the car seat to wash and recover. I discovered that the fabric was glued to the foam meaning if you want to re-use the foam (which I did) then you have to cover up the old fabric instead of removing it. .I used the gentle cycle and cold water and I did put it in the dryer.It came out fine and felt good to have a nice clean seat to start with and wasn't just covering up icky stuff.It also gave me the opportunity to wash the actual plastic underneath.
Once my seat was clean I started to figure out which pattern I wanted where.I had gotten a half of a yard of all fabric except the leopard, which I got a full yard of.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
I absolutely love these little LED battery operated chandeliers. I put them everywhere!!! In my car, truck, kitchen, vintage trailer.....
These are not being made anymore, but I do have some remaining chandy's left ..you can order them here
I painted the floor using a porch and floor paint.Let Dry. Printed some roses off on my computer, and some are wallpaper wallies I got off of Ebay.
I then stenciled the floor using a floor/ wall stencil from Hobby Lobby. I did it the homefaker way using spray paint....WORKED AWESOME, and soooo much easier on my back!
Then I added a large container of glitter to a clear epoxy 2 part coating I got from Menards.Rolled it on with a roller with an extension rod...again soooo much easier on my back!
Let dry 24 hours, and VOILA' a new (really easy to clean) couture kitchen floor...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!