- white or yellow boxed cake mix (and the ingredients listed on the box to make it)
- 3 oz box sugar free Jello any flavor
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1;2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c boiling water1/2 c cold water
- Bake the boxed cake mix according to the direction on the back of the box.I baked it in a 9×13 cake pan.When it is done, let it cool at least 20 minutes.Once it is cool, poke holes in the cake using large meat fork, or a regular one will do.Left to right, top to bottom, lots of holes.Mix your 3 oz box of Jello,with 1 cup boiling hot water ,Then add orange juice concentrate, and lemon juice.Pour the Jello liquid evenly over the cake.Cover it and pop in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let it chill.Frosting1/2 cup butter1/2 cup shortening1 cup powdered sugar1 egg white1 tsp vanilla extract1/2 tsp. saltWhip all these ingredients together until light and fluffy.Frost cake, and ENJOY!!!
Sunday, March 10, 2013
JELLO POKE CAKE