Monday, April 29, 2019

Galaxy Cake with Planets inside!! Solar System Birthday Cake


Video here....


Today I made my little Prince a birthday cake for his 5th birthday...Oh where has the time gone...
He is absolutely obsessed with the solar system.

I used a cake mix because I was doing this with a 3 and 5 year old...and simplicity was the only thing keeping me sane.
We used our cake pop maker to make the planets.

I used disposable cups and divided the batter into 5 cups.

Red, orange, blue , green, and yellow


We used blue and green for Earth


Yellow and red for the sun...

O.K I am going to be honest we had no clue which planet these were...Neptune???

Here are all the planets...
 


 
  O.k...so now I made 2 more cake mixes and divided the batter in 3 parts ...1 black, 1 blue, and 1 plain

Add some of each color batter just to cover the bottom of your greased pan, then add the planets...

Cover the planets with enough batter just to cover them so your pans are about half full.Bake as directed on the box.

This is what your layers will look like inside.Cool the layers ..
 

These are the colors of icing I used. Black, pink,light blue and dark blue.

Base coat your cake in black

Add blue splotches

Then purple splotches

Then pink splotches

Smooth the frosting with a spatula

Now it is time to decorate...









I had to add a little Paw Patrol...


We made Saturn suckers using blow pops and Peach gummi rings

 


He absolutely loved his cake and went wild when he saw the planets inside!!!

 



"Mimi...these planets taste soooo good!"