Sunday, November 18, 2018

Marble Contact Paper Counter top DIY













Soooo....I love Carrara marble, and frankly 
this was the only way I was gonna get it...

So who doesn't love a 5 dollar marble counter top??? 
You sure could do this for a dollar with the contact paper from the dollar store, but I found the Duck brand is much thicker, and for a 4 dollar difference, it  was worth the "splurge" lol.

My counter was original to the house and made of pieces of wood...ughh....I always painted it white, but what a bugger to keep clean.I usually keep a runner on it,so I could just throw it in the wash.

Shelf liner/ contact paper can be used on any surface which smooth clean and dry .
Wood cabinets,drawers,walls,windows,glass, counter tops, and so on. It is best applied it at room temperature for best results.
cabinets,drawers,walls,windows,glass and so on. It is best applied it at room temperature.
Sand down rough surfaces before sticking.Using mild soap and water to clean large surfaces,then wipe down with some rubbing alcohol. Make sure it is dry.
Measure the surface to cover. Cut the right size and leaving about 1/2 inch extra overlap on all edges .
Peel off the backing paper evenly with one hand while smoothing the film to the surface. Using another hand, from the center to edges. I use a soft cloth, or a credit card , removing the creases and air bubbles by applying light pressure from the center to the edges.You can always lift it back up and redo it if needed.
I cut the paper with the back still intact to fit the counter

I then cut half the back off .then flipped the top part over to fit and pressed it down with a cloth.Do the same with the other half..
I used an exacto knife to trim edges.

The corners I slit up to the top ...

I then cut the slack off.



If you have any parts that do not stick use this stuff...It works great on keeping the seams down also.
I sealed the counter with this sealer in a high gloss finish using 2 coats for added durability. .

I LOVE IT!!!