Tuesday, June 14, 2011

THE ART OF CONTENTMENT

For many years, I was able to think of contentment only in terms of material possessions. During that time, if you asked me why people are not content, my automatic answer was, "Because they want more and more stuff without appreciating what they already have."
The harder I work, the greater my income, and the increase of possessions have not brought me well being. The car will soon be outdated, the toothbrush worn out, or the new TV fail.




Tim 6:7 we have brought nothing into the world and neither can we carry anything out
8]So having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things
9]However ,those determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires,which plunge men into destruction and ruin.



Philippians 4:6-7;
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.





Happiness is the product of fulfillment. Content is the product of self-satisfaction.

One completes, the other abates.

Building my character is essential for happiness. When I am true to myself and others, I  will be in peace.You can only be happy if you become who you are. Don’t live other people’s life by trying to meet their expectations. People may expect you to have certain job or certain way of living but don’t be intimidated by them.To have a fulfilling life, you should find your life purpose and follow it faithfully.


Being happy is easy if we are grateful. Unfortunately, seeing what we don’t have is often easier than seeing what we have. Sometimes we need to experience loss before appreciating what we have. So don’t take things for granted. Look at what you have and soon you will have plenty of reasons to be happy. Happy people know how to control their mind. They don’t let negative thoughts come in. While a situation may seem bad to others, happy people look at them in a positive way. They always believe that no matter how bad a situation seems, there is always something positive to take from it. Your mind can make or break you, so guard it well.


When I work creatively on something I  find happiness.Happy people don’t need something they don’t have to be happy. They don’t need certain job or certain level of income. Instead, they learn to be happy with what they already have. They have learned the art of contentment. Be content with what you have and you will be happy.


Happiness depends upon ourselves.choose to be happy.
Happiness is about :
- following ones dreams
- having a choice
- life being full of experiences but not regrets
- helping others but not expecting anything in return.
The decision is ours to make, so, life is very short, lets learn this simple lessons early on, tomorrow is to far, lets do it today, believe me, I fight with myself, especially in my darkest hours, but even that I don’t have any problems, human nature sometimes can’t be satisfied, so, in order to defeat this mind set, practice to be more humble, and as easy as being happy for what we got, and not miserable for what we don’t, that will help, as a starter. I might add, GOD, please grant me the serenity to accept the things I can’t change, courage to change the ones I can, and wisdom to know the difference!